Stud farm Zangersheide - Lanaken
Breeding Season 2019 service fees and conditions
I. Registration of mares
The mare to be inseminated should be identified to Stud farm Zangersheide
Single (free) registration of the mare will be realised by providing Stud farm Zangersheide with a clear copy of the ancestry papers of the mare. Registration for mares already registered with Studbook Zangersheide is not necessary.
II. Breeding season
The breeding season runs from 15 February to 1 September 2019.
III. Procedure SEMEN
- Semen from stallions stationed at Studfarm Zangersheide is obtainable in fresh semen. The semen can be collected or dispatched. When no fresh semen is available, frozen semen is similarly available while stock lasts, after consultation.
- For every dose of semen delivered, the mare owner will receive a semen certificate / insemination certificate which has to be completed and signed by a veterinarian and send back to Stud farm Zangersheide as soon as possible.
- Per mare semen for a maximum of three cycles is supplied. If the mare is not in foal after three cycles, another stallion must be chosen, without having to pay a new deposit provided that this is a stallion with a similar stud fee. If the fee is higher, the difference should be settled. When you choose a stallion from a lower fee there will be no settlement of the difference.
- A dose of fresh or frozen semen for a next cycle can only be obtained after the deposit of the payable stud fee has been paid. In case of frozen semen just one dose pro cycle can be obtained.
- The mare owner must send the last insemination certificate back within 90 days of the last insemination, stating on it whether the mare is in foal or not. Non-gestation statements can only be made by veterinarians.
- In the event that a breeder fails to report his mare not in foal, the gestation charge will automatically be due.
- Payment of stud fee.
The stud fee should be paid as follows:
- the deposit must be paid upon first insemination
- the gestation charge is payable if the mare is pregnant 90 days after the last insemination.
The gestation charge = stud fee of last chosen stallion.
- By ordering and buying semen, the mare owner declares to have taken cognizance of these conditions and declares to fully agree with these service and payment conditions, as well as with the stud fees.
- Attempted fraud commited by a mare owner is punishable by an unconditional fine of € 2500 (ex. 21% VAT) per attempt, irrespective of the also payable stud fee.
IV. Service certificate
The mare owner must send the last insemination certificate, stating the last date of insemination, to the office of Stud farm Zangersheide in Lanaken (B).
If the mare is in foal and after payment of the gestation charge, the mare owner can request a service certificate/birth notification which states the last date of insemination.
V. Frozen semen
For more information about the sale of frozen semen per dose please contact our secretariat.
Attention! Special conditions apply to ICSI treatment of ovum with frozen semen from our stallions. Please contact our staff for more information.
VI. Embryo Transplantation
In the event that the owner wants the mare to have an embryo flush, Stud farm Zangersheide should be so notified upon first ordering semen.
If no embryo(s) is(are) found, new semen (for a maximum of 3 cycles) may be ordered for this mare, provided that a veterinary declaration from the embryo centre is submitted that confirms that the embryo flush after the previous insemination turned out negative. For orders for a fourth cycle, a new advance becomes payable. If the embryo flush turns out positive, a new deposit will become payable for a next semen order for this mare.
If from one insemination more than one embryo is flushed, the advance will be charged as yet when the transplantation turns out positive.
The gestation charge shall become payable per successfully transplanted embryo if the mare is in foal for 90 days. Note well: The mare owner shall provide Stud farm Zangersheide with a survey, drawn up and signed by the veterinarian or the embryo transplantation centre, of the number of flushes and the number of (successfully) implanted embryos per mare. If the transplantation of the embryo was not successful, such a survey will count as a statement of non-gestation.
VII. Ordering semen
Semen can be ordered by telephone (0032.89.730030), or via our website www.stallions.zangersheide.com
If you order via the website, the order is only definitive after confirmation from a Stud farm employee by mail or by telephone.
Dispatch of semen ordered from Stud farm Zangersheide will take place as follows:
On work days in :
Belgium semen ordered in the morning before 09.00 hours is delivered the same day.
Netherlands semen ordered in the morning before 09.00 hours is delivered the same day.
Germany Semen ordered in the morning before 09.00 hours will be delivered in consultation.
France via Zangersheide France: 0033 / 231 48 44 55
Other countries: to be arranged by telephone.
Ordered semen can also be collected from Stud farm Zangersheide between 11.00 and 17.00 hours.
On Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays:
Semen can be ordered until 09.00 hours.
Please contact our office in connection with the delivery.
On Saturday semen can be collected between 10.00 – 12.00 hours, on Sundays and National Holidays after consultation by telephone. On Sunday it is only possible to supply semen within Belgium due to the production of health certificates.
Packaging / containers
Fresh semen is delivered or supplied in an appropriate transport container which remains the property of Stud farm Zangersheide.
Frozen semen will be delivered in an appropriate transport container which remains the property of Stud farm Zangersheide. The Zangersheide container must be returned within 7 calendar days for account of the mare owner. From the eighth calendar day a lease is charged of € 25 per day per container. This lease remains payable also at the eventual return of the container. The return date is always the day at which the container arrives at Zangersheide.
VIII. Health certificates
For orders abroad Stud farm Zangersheide takes care of the required health certificates. Per cycle the first certificate is for account of Stud farm Zangersheide. If semen is ordered for a mare more than once per cycle, the extra costs will be charged to the mare’s owner.
Invoices from Stud farm Zangersheide must be paid within 18 days after date of invoice. Payments can also be made during office hours at Stud farm Zangersheide in Lanaken via cash payment, bank card or credit card. In the event of failure to pay within the stated period of payment, the invoice amount will be increased by costs of summons and penalty interest, as well as with possible judicial and extrajudicial costs of collection.
Xa. Levisto Z
If you present your mare at Studfarm Zangersheide, a special rate of € 1,200 (ex 21% VAT) will apply. This amount is exclusive of veterinary costs and stabling, which will be charged afterwards. Please contact Stud farm Zangersheide before presenting your mare at Studfarm Zangersheide
If you wish to inseminate your mare at home by your own vet, this is possible, but Stud fee II then will be charged
(€ 1400,- ex 6% VAT).
Xb. Brunetti Z, Comilfo Plus Z & Castor Z
Our breeding stallions Brunetti Z, Comilfo Plus Z & Castor Z test positive as carriers of the genetic disorder 'Warmblood Fragile Foal Syndrome'. As mere carriers of the defective gene, they do not have the symptoms normally associated with the disorder. Warmblood Fragile Foal Syndrome occurs in just a small percentage of foals and can only be passed on if your mare is also a carrier of the defective gene. If your foal dies from this syndrome (*), we will take responsibility and will provide a one-time compensation payment of €10,000 to eliminate breeder’s grief.
In the event you wish to have your mare inseminated by one of these stallions and would like to have her tested for the defective gene, it can be done at our expense in consultation with our office.
- (*) payment will only be made if an accredited veterinary clinic issues an official report indicating that the foal has died with the relevant syndrome as the cause. Autopsy and other related costs are always at the expense of the breeder.
XI. Stud fees and other rates
The fees listed below are stated in euros and are exclusive of VAT (6%). Costs of dispatch are charged separately.
Stud fee I Purchase 600 € Gestation charge 1200 €
Stud fee II Purchase 400 € Gestation charge 1000 €
Special stud fee Levisto Z Purchase 300 € Gestation charge 900 €
Stud fee III Purchase 300 € Gestation charge 900 €
Stud fee IV Purchase 300 € Gestation charge 700 €
Stud fee V Purchase 250 € Gestation charge 550 €
Stud fee VI Purchase 150 € Gestation charge 450 €
Stabling fee: 15 € per day
Costs of summons: 10 €
Costs of collection: 20% with a minimum of 100 € per case